This is just a reminder that the March bi-monthly meeting for the Paradise Historical Society is scheduled for Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM at the Paradise Methodist Church.
Refreshments: Adrienne Faulhaber and Gay Read
Door prize: Gay Read
We have had quite a large response from the general public about our presenter this month, Carmelina Holloway, who will share her experiences as a movie extra on the set of “Giant” in Marfa, Texas in 1956. We may have a big turn-out for this meeting, so please plan accordingly.
7:00 PM – Presentation by Carmelina Holloway – movie extra from 1955 filming of “Giant”.
7:30 PM – Refreshments
7:45 PM – Business meeting call to order – Donna Weeden
Reading of the minutes from Jan 2018 business meeting- Gay Read
Financial Report – Treasurer, Adrienne Faulhaber.
8:00 PM – Old Business:
1. Museum Committee report – Gay Read/Museum Committee members
2. Election of Officers (tabled from January meeting)
3. Pay 2018 Dues
8:30 PM – New Business:
1. Fort Hood magazine – joint ad w/other Wise County Historical Societies – $145 for our part of a full-page ad
2. Edna Wood asked to discuss ‘Paradise” history books for sale at Wise County Heritage Museum
3. 2018 Festival planning and schedule
4. Sam Bass play and other fundraisers
9:00 PM – Adjourn